The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 7 is to:
- Identify issues of continuous collection;
- Explain relationships between and median and mean data;
- Calculate mean, mode, range and median for data sets;
Students numbers. extend They their start knowledge to use algebra of numbers, to solve problems, develop geometric reasoning and consider statistical sampling.
Typically, students will:
- connect the known properties of arithmetic with the study of algebra
- develop simple logical geometric arguments
- find estimates of means and proportions of populations
- compare prices of products packaged in different quantities
- represent simple algebraic relations by graphs
- calculate areas of shapes and volumes of simple solids
- apply ratios and interpret statistical graphs
- calculate accurately with positive and negative numbers.