The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 10 is to:
- Solve pairs of equations;
- Solve linear equations and inequalities;
- Find unknown values in formulas.
Students extend their knowledge of algebra, graphing and geometry, begin trigonometry of right-angle triangles and work with probability and statistics.
Typically, students will:
- compare simple and compound interest
- model practical situations involving surface areas and volumes
- solve problems involving right-angle trigonometry
- calculate areas of shapes and volumes of simple solids
- apply ratio and scale factors to similar figures
- formulate geometric proofs
- interpret and compare datasets in statistics
- explain the use of relative frequencies to estimate probabilities.