The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 7 is to:
- Plan, rehearse and deliver presentations;
- Learn to influence an audience;
- Us personal knowledge and other sources to challenge a point of view;
- Combination of text and effects;
- Creation of structured coherent texts;
- Proof of understanding of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Students are provided with opportunities to read and interpret a wide variety of literature, and create texts to influence their audience.
Typically, students will:
- read and interpret a range of challenging fiction texts
- compare, analyse and question ideas and information in texts
- select evidence from texts, which shows how authors represent their viewpoints
- create texts for different purposes and audiences
- write a series of well-organised paragraphs to present an argument or convey information
- read online texts and use a range of software to create texts
- recognise and use a wide range of language features such as sub-headings
- know and use a wide range of words, including those from technical and literary language
- give presentations that include visual and digital features.