The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 3 is to:
- Ensure that students understand different text structure relative to the purpose of that text;
- Understand how languages, images and vocabulary can be used for effect;
- Understand punctuation ion conventions and images and
- Elect information and ideas which relate to their own lives.
Students read and write about familiar content that relates to other learning areas. Students read more difficult texts on their own, such as chapter books and non-fiction information and can write in different styles.
Typically, students will:
- read and understand a range of different types of texts that explore imaginative and
- informative topics
- recognise and write texts that persuade and explain
- write imaginative texts that include characters and events
- recognise that pictures or graphics can be important to add meaning
- recognise different kinds of language used in text, depending on the audience and purpose
- learn information or ideas from texts
- use mostly correct grammar, including simple and compound sentences
- use accurate spelling and punctuation, and edit their own writing
- plan and make presentations to the class
- engage in discussions to share ideas and information, communicating clearly with others.