The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 8 is to:
- Create imaginative and informative texts;
- Report events and advance opinions;
- Experiment with text structures and texts;
- Select language to influence to audience response;
- Use accurate spelling and punctuation.
Students are provided with opportunities to read and interpret a wide variety of literature, and create texts to influence their audience.
Typically, students will:
- read and interpret a range of challenging fiction texts
- compare, analyse and question ideas and information in texts
- select evidence from texts, which shows how authors represent their viewpoints
- create texts for different purposes and audiences
- write a series of well-organised paragraphs to present an argument or convey information
- read online texts and use a range of software to create texts
- recognise and use a wide range of language features such as sub-headings
- know and use a wide range of words, including those from technical and literary language
- give presentations that include visual and digital features.