The aim of the Strive to Thrive Learning Program for Year 10 is to:
- Analyse and explain how text may influence audience responses;
- How narrative viewpoints and characterisation effects text;
- How to vary paragraph and images to vary perspective;
- How to develop individual style;
- Evaluate other interpretations and evidence to support them.
Students develop and justify their own interpretations of texts, such as poetry and novels. They create a wide range of texts to communicate complex ideas by experimenting with language, text structures and images.
Typically, students will:
- read a range of challenging fiction that explores themes and issues
- compare and contrast ideas in different texts, justifying their own interpretations
- navigate and analyse online texts
- talk about the way they select language features and vocabulary when creating texts
- explain different viewpoints and perspectives using logical arguments
- create written and multimodal texts such as speaking to a prepared PowerPoint presentation
- edit and refine their own work and provide constructive feedback to peers
- design webpages that include sound, images and text
- plan, rehearse and deliver longer presentations with relevant and well-researched content.